Mobile Noms Update: The recipe said it made 4 and a half dozen. It actually made 9 dozen.
This is not a problem.
Dark chocolate pretzel caramel bars.
[inspired by this recipe, with boxed mix swapped out for dark chocolate brownies made from scratch]
Presenting: The Seven Deadly Sins Cake
1) First three layers assembled
2) Five layers in
3) (from bottom to top) Gluttony (Inception brownies frosted with Nutella), Envy (green mint cake frosted with dark chocolate frosting), Greed (100 Grand and PayDay bars)
4) (from bottom to top) Lust (red velvet cake with white chocolate frosting), Sloth (knockoff Hostess cupcakes, because I was too lazy to bake another layer)
5) (from bottom to top) Pride (American, AKA Apple Pie), Wrath (Devil’s food cake frosted with Nutella frosted with dark chocolate frosting frosted with white chocolate frosting, with sprinkles and a cherry on top)
6) The whole shebang
7) Cake shown with banana for scale
8) Full cross-section. I am not sure what is more impressive: the cake itself, or the fact that I actually got a full slice out of it.
9) Who wants the first piece?
A cupcake carrier can easily be repurposed as a twin shoofly pie container.
If I added the letter “r” to this photo, it could also be used to represent the circumference of a circle.
Mobile Noms Update: A wild double chocolate Oreo Nutella cookie cup appears!
And by wild, I mean insanely delicious, with crushed Oreos in the batter and a gooey scoop of Nutella right in the center.
I would have taken photos with my better (not cell phone potato) camera, but the noms didn’t last long enough.